Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Foot patrol, sorry walking, is the solution...........apparently


The Metropolitan Police Service has launched a new press campaign today with posters and radio adverts stating that foot patrols are the way in which it tackles burglaries, drug problems and other problems of concern to local communities. You can learn more here. This has quote from the new Assistant Commissioner Ian Mcpherson head of Safer Neighbourhoods ion the MPS.
I was part of a small steering group chaired by Ian Mcpherson about three or four years ago that helped produce ACPO drugs guidance for police working in schools and colleges. See here. This I think is his third or forth job since then, a man in demand and I can understand why having worked with him.

1 comment:

  1. Paul, I have been enthralled by your posts recently, and I'm very interested in your project in general. I run a blog thecrimemap.crimereports.com that deals with issues in crime analysis, crime mapping, and general law enforcement, adn I would love to have you blog with us from time to time, or at least let us repost some of your insightful content. I'm sorry for contacting you through a blog comment, but there was little other way to get a hold of you. Please visit my blog, and contact me if you are interested in joining us. At the very least, let me say that I admire your work. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete